Leader, Core B: Research Translation
Tel: (510) 642-8847
Fax: (510) 642-5815
School of Public Health
University of California, Berkeley
50 University Hall, MC 7356
Berkeley, CA 94720-7356
Web page: http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~adkyle/
- Children’s environmental health
- Assessment of net pollution burdens and their inequities in populations
- Use of science in policy decisions and contexts
- Integrated assessment of environmental factors and health outcomes including environmental public health tracking
- The role of biomonitoring in public health surveillance and policy
- Development of methods for translation of research findings and expert knowledge for policy and stakeholder audiences and of translation competence within the field of environmental health
- Development and testing of analytic-deliberative methods drawing upon interdisciplinary knowledge and lay and expert perspectives in assessment and resolution of environmental health policy problems
- Woodruff TJ, Zeise L, Axelrad DA, Guyton KZ, Janssen S, Miller M, Miller GG, Schwartz JM, Alexeeff G, Anderson H, Birnbaum L, Bois F, Cogliano VJ, Crofton K, Euling SY, Foster PM, Germolec DR, Gray E, Hattis DB, Kyle AD, Luebke RW, Luster MI, Portier C, Rice DC, Solomon G, Vandenberg J, Zoeller RT. Meeting report: moving upstream-evaluating adverse upstream end points for improved risk assessment and decision-making. Environ Health Perspect. 2008 Nov;116(11):1568-75. Epub 2008 Jul 10. Review.
- Guyton KZ, Kyle AD, Aubrecht J, Cogliano VJ, Eastmond DA, Jackson M, Keshava N, Sandy MS, Sonawane B, Zhang L, Waters MD, Smith MT. Improving prediction of chemical carcinogenicity by considering multiple mechanisms and applying toxicogenomic approaches. Mutat Res. 2009 Mar-Jun;681(2-3):230-40. Epub 2008 Nov 1.
- DeFur PL, Evans GW, Cohen Hubal EA, Kyle AD, Morello-Frosch RA, Williams DR. Vulnerability as a function of individual and group resources in cumulative risk assessment. Environ Health Perspect. 2007 May;115(5):817-24. Epub 2007 Jan 24.
- Kyle AD, Balmes JR, Buffler PA, Lee PR. Integrating research, surveillance, and practice in environmental public health tracking. Environ Health Perspect. 2006 Jul;114(7):980-4.
- Kyle AD, Woodruff TJ, Axelrad DA. Integrated assessment of environment and health: America’s children and the environment. Environ Health Perspect. 2006 Mar;114(3):447-52.